Our passion is supporting people grow and develop, in life and work. We'd always recommend that you register with us to take full advantage of our free articles in the Registered Members section. To whet your appetite for this, here are some of Free Articles.
Please Tweet Like and Share if you like an article, and remember to invite colleagues and friends that you feel will also benefit.
Customer Service Tips, 10 things your customer does not want to hear
Here are 10 things your customers really does not want to hear. Useful for those face to face (F2F) and over the phone (OTP) interactions.
1. Let me find someone that can help you with that.
2. We don't have any more of that [without the 'let me take your details and let you know when we do'!]
3. Sorry you've come to the wrong team, I'll just transfer you back [take responsibility to resolve afterall the customer has probably been waiting/passed from pillar to post already].
4. I don't know.
5. We don't do that, but if you try [competitor] I think they do it.
6. I'm not sure, have you spoken to our XYZ department?
7. You'll need to call our ABC team [without transferring or giving them a direct number].
8. SILENCE [(OTP) make sure there are no long periods of silence].
9. We can't do that it's only for XYZ customers.
10. APATHY - if your customer hears apathy or indifference they will feel you do not value their business, and they will go elsewhere.
Check out our other customer service tips from the topic list on the right.
To further enhance your customer service skills why not book onto our customer skills workshop