Here are some tips on how to increase your professionalism.
- Meet and greet your audience members whilst they are gathering before your presentation. Use this to get to know them and calm your nerves.
- Have a back up plan! Technology can fail us. Have all slides printed off using the Print function. If all else fails you can then recreate on flipchart.
- Have a trial run through in the room you are going to present in to iron out any technical issues.
- Check the size of the projected image in advance, and that it is square on, not blocked or distorted.
- Check the font size and colours on the projected screen, they often project differently to how you wanted them.
- Test any sound, video or music clips before hand to make sure the audience can see and hear.
- Work out where to stand and position flipcharts and other equipment to ensure the audience can see.
- Tidy wires away they are a potential tripping hazard.